Skip to Header Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Palazzo Brentani

Built by 1720 at the request of Giuseppe Brentani, the building was probably inhabited by the family until the early Nineteenth Century, when another Giuseppe – grandson of the original owner – resided there.

The building owes its modern-day appearance and linear classicism to the work carried out in 1829 by architect Luigi Canonica. Divided into three areas by string courses, the facade is decorated between its first and second floors with typical neoclassical medallions depicting illustrious Italians, including Alessandro Volta and Leonardo da Vinci. Located above the main door is the first-floor balcony, a must for the elegant buildings of the city’s major streets as a place to watch parades and processions. The interiors of the upper floors were refurbished in 1935 according to designs by Giuseppe de Finetti